Thoughtfully me

Thoughtfully me

Monday, April 11, 2011

Intelligence is a fickle thing

Intelligence is a fickle thing,
Sometimes it’s fleeting and often it sings,
It separates us from animals,
And bugs and things.

Some say I’m smart some say I’m wise,
I say what the heck makes you give a rise,
I know enough to know what I ought,
I know that some day this will be all I got.

I know enough to know I want to know more,
I want to know more than most but not just to boast,
I want to know the most the most that I can know,
Knowing is awesome from up top down to the bottom.

My words may not be smart but this does not reflect my heart,
What is in my head is what makes me smart,
And wisdom comes from deep down in the heart,
Together these two make intelligence indelible mind and heart.

3 comments:

  1. "I know that some day this will be all I got."

    Brilliant! Tongue in cheek humorous, but the poem makes very serious points, too. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you learn such big words?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found them in these cool things they make out of trees I used to think it was toilet paper but here at college they call them books and they are full of big words and they taught me how to read them! :-0

    ReplyDelete